(Sister Petersen)
Hey everybody!!!
First off let me
serenade you with a song that has been going through my head all transfer:
🎵
“Everyday when you're walkin’ down the street
Everybody that you meet
has a particular
point of view.
And I say Hey!
What a wonderful kind of day!
Where you can learn to work and play
And get along with each other.” 🎵
(“Believe in Yourself” From the TV show, “Arthur”)
Okay! So these
last few weeks have been a whirlwind of stuff going on. So i'm only going to
talk about the main events:
♡ On the 4th we got to be in the
Lander, Wyoming Parade, for the 6th Crossing LDS Historic Site!
♡ We also went to The Arapahoe
Sundance! We had a blast with one of our new members, and learned so much about
the native beliefs and traditions. (I couldn't take any pictures, because it
wasn't allowed.) I got so sunburnt!!
♡ Since I am in a trio with 2
STLs I got to do a blitz in Lander, with Sister Perrman and Sister Buckway!
They lowkey babysat me for 2 days, while Sister Nilsen and Sister Nordby went
to MLC.
♡ We put our friend Talon on
date! This man is one of the sweetest dads I have ever met. He each of us a
clipping from one of his plants! (I'm so upset that I can't go to his baptism
T-T)
♡ We went to a Powwow this
weekend! The Powwow was in celebration for the Sundance, and it was so cool! We
saw one of our friends there named Martin!
♡ And last but not least, the
transfer document came out last night! Our Transfer is happening on Wednesday,
and I'm going back to Casper! (If you are reading this email, Elder Law… I'm pink washing your last area :))))
Now that this
transfer is closing, I have learned so much. (I’m writing this as my companions
are waxing their armpits…) I want to testify of the power and growth that comes
from finally humbling yourself before God.
Looking back at
the start of this transfer I was definitely being prideful in my ablities as a
missionary. I was not willing to change, and become better, until one of my
companions started to critique what I was doing. I cried a lot. It was because
a lot of the stuff I was doing, I had considered to be a part of myself. It was
the kinf of stuff that I had been doing for many years.
Until I let go of
all of the things that were holding me back, I could not grow. I could not
become a better person. In Mosiah 29 verse 20 it states, “But behold, he did
deliver them because they did humble themselves before him; and because they
cried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the
Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the
arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him.”
If you don't let
go and stop being prideful, than that hinders your growth in all things. I love
you guys, and I invite you all to read Alma 5, and sincerely ask yourself all
of the questions in that chapter. Change what needs to be changed. And become
better.
With love,
- Sister C. Petersen





No comments:
Post a Comment